When the iPad2 came out we wanted to test how FileMaker Go performed on that platform and found marked improvements. So when the news of a new iPad hit the streets, we knew we needed to find out how it would perform with FileMaker Go. Like us, many of you may use or offer products that work on FileMaker Go (like our product CCNonProfit), and so it’s performance on the new iPad is particularly relevant.
The Tests Run
We have a testing database that we use for internal purposes which we used to run these tests. It can run a sequence of routines, namely:
- Create Records
- Create a specified number of records with the window either frozen or not.
- Custom Function Loop
- A self-referential custom function looping a specified number of times.
- Empty Loop
- A looping script incrementing a local variable a specified number of times.
- Find Records
- Perform a find on all records in the sample data set on either an indexed or unindexed field, either locally or through a relationship, a specified number of times.
- Layout Change
- Jump between two layouts, either refreshing the layout or not, a specified number of times.
- Record Loop
- Loop through all the records is the sample data set, either refreshing the window on each new record or not.
- Sort Records
- Perform a sort on all records in the sample data set on either an indexed or unindexed field a specified number of times.